Antonio Hernandez practices complex commercial litigation in state and federal court, as well as various arbitral forums, at both the trial and appellate levels. Tony’s practice involves technology issues, trade secrets, securities, education, banking, and commercial contract matters. Regarding technology issues in particular, Tony has handled numerous cases involving commercial software and computer hacking.
Prior to joining the firm, Tony clerked for two years at the Florida Supreme Court for the Honorable Justice R. Fred Lewis, where he concluded his term as the most senior staff attorney in chambers. He also completed a semester-long externship at the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit for the Honorable Circuit Judge Adalberto Jordan. While at the firm, Tony has continued to build his appellate experience, having led several successful appellate representations at the Third District Court of Appeals and supported many other appeals in both state and federal appellate courts.
A past summer associate at the Firm, Tony returned to the Firm after graduating summa cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law. A lifelong south Floridian born to Cuban parents, Tony also attended the University of Miami for his undergraduate studies after graduating from Ransom Everglades.
Outside the practice of law, Tony has experience with local government and small business, and enjoys boxing, practicing Pilates, traveling, and dancing Argentine tango.
Professional and Civic Activities and Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Board Member, Miami Beach Convention Center Advisory (2019)
- Florida State Courts
- Judicial Clerkship, Justice R. Fred Lewis, Supreme Court of Florida (2015-2017)
- Judicial Externship, Honorable Adalberto Jordan, Circuit Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit (Spring 2014)
- Judicial Externship, Justice R. Fred Lewis, Supreme Court of Florida (Summer 2013)
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2015)
- University of Miami Law Review, Member
- Order of the Coif
- Society of Bar & Gavel, Member
- United States Constitutional Law I Dean’s Fellow to Professor Caroline Mala Corbin (Spring 2014)
- Torts Deans Fellow to Vice Dean Osamudia James (Fall 2013)
- Scholar, HNBA/Microsoft IP Law Institute
- University of Miami (B.A., cum laude, general honors, 2012)
- Spanish (Conversational)
- French (Conversational)