Gregory Trask focuses his practice on complex commercial and general business disputes and litigation, including banking litigation and disputes involving Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) matters. Mr. Trask has represented plaintiffs and defendants and has appeared in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels and in various arbitral forums.
Mr. Trask has represented various institutional and corporate clients, as well as individuals, in a wide variety of complex commercial and general business disputes and transactions, including those involving commercial litigation, banking and finance, securities, employment, education, insurance coverage, corporate transactions, landlord and tenant, real estate, class actions, regulatory matters, international disputes, and bankruptcy and creditors’ rights.
Professional and Civic Activities and Memberships
- Florida Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- South Florida Legal Guide “Top Lawyer” (2016, 2020, 2021)
- District of Columbia
- Florida State and Appellate Courts
- Florida Federal Courts
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 1995)
- University of Miami (B.A., cum laude, 1992)
Representative matters handled by Mr. Trask resulting in published decisions include:
- Successful representation of a real estate brokerage firm sued for alleged breach of contract involving splitting of fees from large commercial real estate development.
- Successful representation of a parent entity in obtaining a stay of litigation in favor of international arbitration pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act based upon an arbitration clause in a subsidiary’s consortium agreement.
- Successful representation of a leading national bank sued for alleged liability in connection with its issuance of a letter of credit for an international transaction.
- Successful representation of a leading national provider of athletic and personal development programs sued in a mass action for alleged purported partner liability after the developer failed to complete real estate conversion project, leading to settlement.
- Successful representation of a leading national bank and securities firm in compelling arbitration pursuant to arbitration clause incorporated by reference into account application.
- Successful representation of a leading legal publisher sued in a putative class action for alleged liability under the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act.
- Successful representation of a former officer and director of a large Venezuelan bank sued for alleged fraud, RICO, breach of fiduciary duty, and other business torts.
- Successful representation of a prominent officer and director of a public company sued for alleged short-swing profits.
- Successful representation of a public company sued for alleged violations of SEC Act regulations.
- Successful representation of a South American telephone company to recover damages for unpaid international long distance services.
- Successful representation of an enterprise hosting corporation sued by entertainment company for alleged unpaid commissions.
- Successful representation of a leading European bank sued for alleged False Claim Act violations.
- Successful representation of a leading national bank sued for alleged garnishment liability involving official checks.
- Successful representation of a party to a commercial settlement in obtaining judicial enforcement of the settlement and imposition of default remedies.