George Befeler has over 30 years of experience representing private and public clients in transactions involving corporate mergers and acquisitions, tender offers, asset and equity purchases and sales, debt transactions, joint ventures and other finance transactions in the U.S., South America, Europe and Asia. Mr. Befeler also has extensive experience in counseling clients with business start-up matters, formation, maintenance and dissolution of domestic and offshore companies, employment, shareholder, partnership and membership agreements, and drafting complex transactional agreements including partnership, limited liability company and corporate governance agreements.
Mr. Befeler counsels private and institutional lenders, developers, investors, buyers and sellers in commercial real estate transactions including purchases, sales, development, conversions, debt structuring, restructuring and refinancing. He also has extensive experience counseling banks and other financial institutions in structuring, negotiating and closing real estate and other asset-based loans, as well as negotiating and implementing workout and forbearance agreements.
Professional and Civic Activities and Memberships
- Florida Bar
- Dade County Bar Association
- Expert Witness for The Florida Bar
- Member in Grievance Committee for The Florida Bar
- Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund, Inc.
- Salvadoran-American Health Foundation, Inc.
- University of Miami School of Law (LL.M., Taxation, 1984)
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1983)
- Florida International University (B.S., cum laude, 1980)
- Director of Executive National Bank, a National Banking Association
- Chairman of Loan Committee of Executive National Bank
- Chairman of The Befeler Group, a real estate investment, management and development company