Antonio Hernandez’s varied commercial litigation practice includes both state and federal courts, as well as various arbitral forums. Already he has begun to concentrate in False Claims Act litigation, securities defense, and the representation of educational institutions.
A past summer associate at the Firm, Tony returned to the Firm after graduating summa cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law. A lifelong south Floridian born to Cuban parents, Tony also attended the University of Miami for his undergraduate studies.
Following law school, Tony clerked two years at the Florida Supreme Court for the Honorable Justice R. Fred Lewis. During his last year in Justice Lewis’ chambers, he was the most senior staff attorney in chambers. He also interned for Justice Lewis during the summer following his first year of law school. During his second year of law school, Tony externed at the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit for the Honorable Circuit Judge Adalberto Jordan.
During his time as a summer associate at the firm, Tony worked on a variety of complex commercial litigation matters and transactional matters. In addition, Tony has experience with local government, small business, and software development. Outside of the office, Tony enjoys reading, exercising, and dancing Argentine tango.
Professional and Civic Activities and Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Board Member, Miami Beach Convention Center Advisory (2019)
- Florida State Courts
- Judicial Clerkship, Justice R. Fred Lewis, Supreme Court of Florida (2015-2017)
- Judicial Externship, Honorable Adalberto Jordan, Circuit Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit (Spring 2014)
- Judicial Externship, Justice R. Fred Lewis, Supreme Court of Florida (Summer 2013)
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2015)
- University of Miami Law Review, Member
- Order of the Coif
- Society of Bar & Gavel, Member
- United States Constitutional Law I Dean’s Fellow to Professor Caroline Mala Corbin (Spring 2014)
- Torts Deans Fellow to Vice Dean Osamudia James (Fall 2013)
- Scholar, HNBA/Microsoft IP Law Institute
- University of Miami (B.A., cum laude, general honors, 2012)
- Spanish (Conversational)
- French (Conversational)